Thought Leadership Webinar Series
Sustainable Transport: Equity, Ecological Overshoot, and solutions
Dr Bridget Doran gave a brief background to the root of the greatest threats to humanity in 2023 and coming years, and discussed the role of the transport sector in planning for a thriving future.
The transport-related section of her talk was structured around these five questions:
- What’s the goal of transport investment?
- What is the transport sector doing that needs to stop?
- What new measures and processes should we focus on?
- How do we genuinely work across sectors to retrofit good design, and to plan new communities? Insights into planning for growth in Greater Wellington while reducing vehicle-kilometres travelled.
- What’s next: continuing the korero
ABOUT DR BRIDGET DORAN
Bridget Doran is a Principal Researcher at MRCagney, based in Hamilton. She works on transport research, policy, and practice for a variety of government, university, and private sector clients around New Zealand. Bridget is a Chartered Engineer in transport with a doctorate in cognitive psychology, and has just completed a two year term as Chair of Engineering New Zealand’s Transportation Group. Bridget regularly presents on inclusive, safe and sustainable transport to audiences of professionals and community, with a focus on challenging us all to think about what ‘best practice’ means for the people we work with, and those we serve.