Highlights from year one of delivery of the Regional Economic Development Plan
WellingtonNZ are now one year in to driving delivery of the Regional Economic Development Plan on behalf of the WRLC. Highlights from year one include:
- 15 internships being undertaken through Summer of Engineering
- 269 people joining evening sessions of the technology leadership training series
- 39% increase in House of Science kit bookings across schools in Wellington City and Porirua
- Te Matarau a Māui delivering Tipu Pakihi – an inaugural Māori business symposium.
Further highlights and an updated regional snapshot are available here.
Upcoming REDP-related events in the Wairarapa include:
- Dark Skies development: a programme of activities is being prepared to leverage Dark Skies accreditation in the Wairarapa. The Wairarapa Dark Sky Reserve Association and Destination Wairarapa are partnering to deliver a business connections event that focuses on bringing tourism operators together to ignite dark sky ideas and encourage ongoing collaboration. Wairarapa Space Week celebrations begin on Tuesday 3 October and feature a program of high quality educational and inspirational events, led by local astronomers and space educators Star Safari. More information is available at www.wairarapa.space.
- Technology leadership training series: A full day workshop entitled, ‘Raise Capital on your terms’ is being held in Carterton on 17 October, where expert trainers include a founder, investor and lawyer. This workshop is designed to support founders to craft a capital raising strategy for their business. Find out more about who this workshop is designed for, workshop outcomes and benefits here.